cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N V1 instead of V2

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

Well, I sent mine back and they shafted me with a v1 unit.

I don't see how you can know what the problem is and still send me a v1 unit.

I contacted SB support and they said no guarantees on getting a v2 unit.

Now I must PAY to send another unit back.

With no guarantees, I don't know.

My experience with this whole problem: no one really cares about this problem; fend for yourself.

8 Replies 8

pambill
Level 1
Level 1

what does that mean..."no guarantees"  Does it mean they may not even have V2 units at all?  If so, this is just stupid.

I hope some of the employees who have posted before give us some additional info ASAP.  This needs to get sorted out VERY SOON.

grey-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

FratianiD wrote:

Well, I sent mine back and they shafted me with a v1 unit.

I don't see how you can know what the problem is and still send me a v1 unit.

I contacted SB support and they said no guarantees on getting a v2 unit.

Now I must PAY to send another unit back.

With no guarantees, I don't know.

This is exactly my point from 8 posts ago - surely the RMA process looks at the problem before sending out a new one?

Yeah no,

I had a chance to speak with another person at Cisco support and they explained to me that, that information doesn't get passed along throughout the RMA proccess.

However, I don't understand why I should have to pay to ship an item back that is defective.

When this stuff was all Linksys, I had no problems with this.

They would give me a box or label and I would never have to worry about it.

But anyway...

For now, I wait...for what: I don't know.

Anyone else with success at getting a v2 unit, let us know.

Did this person at Cisco have any clue as to what was going on with the V2 units?

To put it simply, he said: "It's a mess..."

Just to chime in with my experience: I use the Hardware Rev. 12 units with Software Version 2.0.0.5 in B/G mode with success in production. I have not been able to get them to work in N mode. I get these units from PCConnection. I've got eight out there so far.

I have that setup as well...the point is that N needs to work.

@FrataniD

That is bad they indicate this process is a mess...but that may explain why we have not seen many Cisco employees posting here in recent weeks.  Pity, I like the unit, but they really need to communicate how to get this all fixed, or refund our money.  My preference is a fix with a new proper unit.

We are now into March...any news?  Anyone call?