Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAP4410N WAP - Dropping connectivity

Hi,

I'm currently having a bit of trouble with a couple of WAP410N WAPs.

The problem I have is that the WAPs drop out and can't be connected to. They become completely unresponsive and I have to reset them.

I have a couple more of these WAPs, that are working fine. They're set up identically, the port settings on my switches are identical too. Channels overlapping aren't an issue.

I managed to pull out some text from the Event Logs (see below). If anybody can shed any light on this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Jun 27 16:51:10 syslog:  Found beacon stuck, down and up the VAP interface.
Jun 27 16:51:10 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:11 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:11 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:12 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:12 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:13 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:14 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:15 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:17 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:18 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:19 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:29 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)
Jun 27 16:51:30 kernel:  ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 36)

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

2 REPLIES
Gold

WAP4410N - Beacon Stuck

WAP4410N - Beacon Stuck issue
CSCup45639

Symptom:
- Wireless issues seen
- Stuck Beacon messages in logs

Conditions:
- WAP4410N running 2.0.7.6T2

Workaround:
- No known workarounds at this point

Last Modified:
Jul 29,2014
Open
Severity:
2 Severe
Product:
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points
Known Affected Releases:
(2)
Next_MR

We moved locations and I

We moved locations and I started seeing the "stuck beacon" and dropped connectivity issues, too.  This did not happen at our old location though.

I tried all of the suggestions in the other threads, but nothing made any difference.

Then, someone suggested that it is interference with other WiFi networks in our area.

So, instead of leaving the wireless channel to "auto", I chose the value "3".  Things got much worse quickly.  I then tried other channels at random, and eventually hit upon a channel that has not had this problem for over a week, so I consider that solved for now, at least for me.

Since then, someone pointed me to the free "Wifi Analyzer" app for my Android.  That app (and I'm sure many others) very nicely shows me all of the WiFi networks in my area and what channels they are on.  Using that app will speed up your choice for a "quiet" channel.

Hope that works for you, too,

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies