Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - Will the PWRINJ4 power injector be compatible

Good day,

We have purchased a few WAP4410N access points at some of our small remote offices.  The switches in the offices is not PoE capable, therefore we require power injectors.  I have a PWRINJ3 injector in my posession, so have tested it with the AP's, but it does not seem to be compatible.

Before I purchase power injectors, I would like to know whether the PWRINJ4 will be compatible, if not, which power injector does Cisco recommend for the WAP4410N.

Kind Regards

Adrian

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Adrian,

Right now the Cisco Small Business doesn't have a product that we can suggest as a power injector. Since we don't have a SMB POE injector for testing we have to recommend using a POE switch. With that being said the WAP4410N uses standard 802.3af so as long as the injector is standard 802.3af it should work.

Jasbryan

Thank you very much gents, I appreciate your prompt response.

Kind Regards

Adrian

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

We get this question a lot with our wireless AP's. Currently there is not an Injector that we recommend with our wireless AP's. Your best bet is to purchase a small unmanaged PoE switch for all of your AP's. I would suggest something like a  SG-200-08P.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11229/prod_models_comparison.html

Cisco currently has an injector in works for our small business devices, but the timeframe for availability is unknown at this time.

There are some 3rd party infectoers on the market(including Cisco Enterprise injectors that could possibly work, however since we do not support them and they have not been certified for use with our small business devices we can not recommend or support them. (even though some customers have been lucky enough to get them to work)

Hope this helps, please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866