cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n with POE Injector

rustyk123
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at purchasing two of the WAP4410n Access Points to add wireless in one building, and possibly replace Wireless G in another.

In our building already configured, we have POEs set up and this has helped centralize everything that has to be monitored.  We would like to do the something with the WAP4410n.  With the access points we already have, they are PrePOE so there was only one device that would work.  With These they are standard POE, Does that mean I can use any POE Injector that is using this standard?

Also, are problems that first existed these access points being worked out or been fixed?  I want these to be minimal attention required since I am the IT person here and I don't work in this building, I work in the other building which is walking distance but I do want to avoid problems if possible.

1 Reply 1

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Rusty,

The WAP4410N are only compatable with the current standard of PoE (802.3af). If your injectors are able to do this then they will work.

As for support, we do strive to ensure that all our devices work as intended. With the latest firmware for the WAP4410N, I have found that the AP works very well.

I hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: