Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAP561 - After 2-3 days the AP will not allow clients to fully authenticate (628911547)

Have a total of 5 APs and every 2-3 days these devices seem to not allow clients to connect. Clients appear to associate but never authenticate. I have opened a case with Cisco (Case number in title) but want to see if anyone else is having this issue and how you may have resolved this.

I received an email from an engineer and one of the options he asked me to change was not even an option on the screen. I have UNTAGGED VLAN selected however MANAGEMENT VLAN is not an option. Below is his email.

Making a bit of reasearch i discovered that maybe you have fallen into a firmware bug.

It should be related to VLAN.

If you go on VLAn and IPv4 setting you should see somewhere the MANAGEMENT VLAN and UNTAGGED VLAN settings.

Both of them should be ENABLED.

On the next fw release this should be fixed because it’s normal to have both disabled, but just to workaround the problem you could try with this settings enabled and see if the “freeze” is not happening again.

Please update me so i can close this case or go on with the process.

5 REPLIES

Re: WAP561 - After 2-3 days the AP will not allow clients to ful

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

After reading your case, I have heard of something like this one other time.

Try the following:

Disable Bonjour

Fix Multicast rate to a set 54mbps

Disable Green Ethernet

Disable Bandwidth Utilization

Let me know the results.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:30 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Re: WAP561 - After 2-3 days the AP will not allow clients to ful

I made all of the changes except for "Fix Multicast rate to a set 54mbps" as I cannot find this setting. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks,

Charlie

WAP561 - After 2-3 days the AP will not allow clients to fully a

I am also having a similar issue on the WAP561. After a few days of being rebooted, the WAP will no longer accept connections.  The only way to fix it is to reboot the device.

I changed the options from the suggestion above but also could not find the "Fix Multicast rate to a set 54mbps" option.

I will let you know if this works for me.

WAP561 - After 2-3 days the AP will not allow clients to fully a

The Fix Multicast rate setting can be found on the Wireless - Radio Page. In the advanced settings section. Below the

Transmit Power settings.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:30 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Eric,I have tried all of the

Eric,

I have tried all of the setting changes you have recommended but nothing is doing the trick in this case.  I have 3 access points and all 3 access points are having the exact same issue as what is described in this article. 

I can add that if you change any setting and receive the pop up message stating that you may be disconnected from the access point during the setting change process.  Then when the access point comes back up you are able to connect with no problem. 

So it adds a layer of difficulty when making these changes as each setting change will immediately allow you to connect to the internet and no longer be "not authenticated" or on an "unidentified network"

Is there any real fix from Cisco regarding the issue with these access points?

Views
Helpful
Replies