cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 Setup Wizard

billy.mitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a Cisco WAP571 access point. 

I want to upload a configuration file to the AP to set it up for my network.

When I first connect it to the switch and try to configure it, it won't allow me to cancel the setup wizard.

When I complete the setup wizard of the configuration with the information I know, I can't reach the AP anymore

and it does not work. I have to factory reset and start over. Is there another way to skip the setup wizard so that I can

upload the configuration file? 

2 Replies 2

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am part of Small business here are Cisco.

I apologize for any inconvenience with the unit, please let me know.

-what are you using to power the unit a PoE switch or a Power injector?

-when you access to the wizard, do you setup a static ip address or left the dynamic option?

-If you left the dynamic option enable, after you completed the wizard have you tried to do any Pings to the ip address on the access point?

-Also if it is dynamic, after you made the changes does the ip address show in the dhcp server leased addresses? do you see the mac address of the access point associated to the ip?

have you opened a case with our tech department, if not i would suggest open one so we can help in a better way.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country 

Hello Jon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I've tried to answer your questions as shown below:

> What are you using to power the unit a PoE switch or a Power injector?

I am using a PoE switch. Specifically, a Cisco SG300-52P.

> When you access to the wizard, do you setup a static ip address or left the dynamic option?

At first I set it up statically, and when that failed, I tried to dynamically.

> If you left the dynamic option enable, after you completed the wizard have you tried to do any
> Pings to the ip address on the access point?
> Also if it is dynamic, after you made the changes does the ip address show in the dhcp server
> leased addresses? do you see the mac address of the access point associated to the ip?

When I did it statically, the Cisco FindIt tool could see the device, but I could not ping it from my own PC even though I was in the same subnet. The error was "(My IP) could not reach host."

When I tried dynamically, the AP did not show up in the Cisco FindIt tool, so in the end I could not find the device's new address. The SSID appeared, and I could connect to it, but the AP would not connect to the internet. 

What I am trying to do is replace a WAP371 with a new WAP571. I'm using the same LAN cable that was for the 371 for the 571. I downloaded the config file from the 371, and I was hoping I could upload it to the 571 for an easy replacement, but the 571 does not have a "Cancel" option when the wizard starts. I have no choice but to use the wizard. Is this a bug or something?