Views
Helpful
Replies

WET200 Compatibilty to Cisco AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9

Strobeguy
Level 1
Level 1

Background:

I am attempting to find a reliable wired ethernet-to-wireless bridge device to work with the above AP and Controller using WPA2-PSK and AES.

The Linksys WET610N would associate/authenticate fine but suffered constant network drop offs as it reported @20-30 signal strength.

The WET200 site survey reports @80 signal strength but will not associate/authenticate to same network.

Both the WET610N and WET200 work fine using the same WPA2-psk AES settings to a Netgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router.test set.

Question:

Does anyone know of setting fix in the above AP or AP controller that would allow the WET610N to associate/authenticate work but

not the WET200?

Can anyone reccomend more robust ethernet/wireless bridge for this installation?

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

To the best of my knowledge none of our Small Business devices are certified to work with Enterprise devices. It is possible that by manipulating the settings that you could possibly get them to work. I know that some customers have been able to but there is nothing we are allowed to help with or support.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: