cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WET200 Firmware failure

networquk
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to upgrade a WET200 with the latest firmware following massive problems during setup (connecting to the wireless network was hit and miss and I couldn't get any traffic between wireless and wired). Using the config I began to upload the new firmware but after about 10 minutes the browser was redirected to an error page saying the page was unavailable. No ethernet lights were on any more.

So, after leaving it for a futher half hour (just in case) I powercycled the bridge, only now it doesn't seem to be booting up:

Cannot access default IP in browser or by pinging.

No entries in ARP tables, suggesting there is no communications at all.

Reset (holding reset button for 10 seconds) has no effect. No lights change (I assume something should happen).

Trying to use unit as a wired hub/switch (ie. communicating between two computers using ethernet) doesn't work either.

I found another post on here with a similar problem, where suggestions included holding reset for a minute - again, nothing.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what the score is on manufacturers warranty as I bought the unit as a 'box opened but unused' on Ebay.

3 Replies 3

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

I regret to inform you that your warranty is no longer good, if there was one on it at all. The device definitely should not reset/stop responding while a firmware upgrade is in progress. If you look at the front of the device there may be a diag light that stays lit (red) when the power is on. If that is the case then your device is defiinitely bad.

The factory reset button should be held for 30 seconds to perform a complete factory reset. If that has not helped, it may be time for a new bridge.

Bill

The power light never goes red. It is static green from power on.

According to how my WET200 is plugged in, I have a solid green light with a flashing wireless LED. If I attach a pc to ports 1-4 on the back, I get a flashing green(sporadically) light.

If you attach a pc and nothing happens, confirm the cable and NIC card are good. If they are, replace your bridge.

Good Luck,

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: