Views
Helpful
Replies

what is better than WAP 200

zakwan_apliman
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a small business, i use to have an Access Point from another brand, I had a lot of problems using it like every time it looks like it freeze, I can see the wireless but I don’t get internet access from it, and I need to reboot it to fix this issue, this issue might happen 3 days per week or more.

I removed it and installed the WAP200 and since that time the issue has been gone, i faced it on the WAP200 few times but its ok so far my wireless is good and everything is ok,

The problem that I am facing now is the signal range, the WAP as you know has 2 antennas, and 1 send and 2nd receive,

I used an 8dbi indoor antenna to make the signal go more in range but it still didn’t reach the range I need.

My question is: is there something better then the WAP200 in range and it might have 4 antennas (2 send - 2 receive)

Or is there any other solution to cover all my office using 1 AC only?

i don’t want to go on with repeaters as my office is not that big it’s a normal apartment from 6 rooms with a corridor between them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks for reading this

2 Replies 2

mrssec323
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

An office with six rooms is asking for problems.

For more then one the signal has to travel through 2 walls and often that means 3 walls bacause of 45 degrees angle.

Your walls do weaken the signal too much.

Why don't you want to use repeaters? They work fine.

Another way is to place several WAP200's on the right spot and connect them wired to a router, RVS4000<>WAP200.

I installed it in a hotel with 3 floors and 20 rooms without problems.

Yes, for that you have to drill in the walls for utp-cabling but then your connection problems are over.

And if you have to little outlets, use PoE switches.

So What? 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I used an 8dbi indoor antenna to make the signal go more in range but it still didn’t reach the range I need.

Good gosh.  That's a very, very strong antenna.

I'm no expert with Small Business range, but with the enterprise range, I personally won't recommend this strong antenna.  The reason is because the client can hear the strong signal from the WAP, HOWEVER, the WAP will NOT be able to hear the weak signal from the client. 

My question is: is there something better then the WAP200 in range and it might have 4 antennas (2 send - 2 receive)

Or is there any other solution to cover all my office using 1 AC only?

How big is this office?  I mean can you see your neighbor's wireless?  What are the walls made of?  What's above and below your office.  These questions matters alot.