cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless clients receive wrong DNS suffix wap4410n

stevensomers
Level 1
Level 1

Suddenly after more than a year of running fine, my wap seems to be giving all clients a bad DNS suffix which of course breaks DNS resolution internally (no problem with internet resolution).  I assume it's a wap problem since all of my wired clients receive the correct suffix.  I'm using a RVS4000 router if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

stevensomers
Level 1
Level 1

OK.  Found the solution but don't know how it happened...somehow "my "Advanced TCP/IP settings" got modified and "cisco" was added to the "append these DNS suffixes" area.  I have no idea how that was added but after removing the entry then everything is fine.

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

This was very interesting. I will be pulling one of these out of the store room to try and replicate. Thank You for following up with your findings. This will help anyone else who may run into this.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: