Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Roaming …??? Please Help

Dear All

I have 6 WAP4410 Access points and am asked to configure it to support wireless roaming

But no configuration examples on how to configure Roaming, can anybody tell me the steps to configure the access points to support roaming taking in consideration it will serve 2 skype IP phones and multiple wireless devices and roaming is crucial for these devices.. ..Any help will be appreciated

And thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Roaming …??? Please Help

Hi,

AFAIK, there is no specif config guide for that, there are simplu guidelines to achieve roaming:

It is possible to allow clients to roam freely  between the APs.  The common method is to use the same SSID and Security settings on each access poin and use a different channel on each AP.  e.g. if you are in  the US and installed two access points, use channels #1 and #11.  Or if  three access points, then use channels #1, #6, and #11 (setting the  channels at least 5 apart should help keep interference between APs to a  minimum). If you have a residential gateway with wireless turned on,  and just one AP, then the same applies: each gets a different channel.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AFAIK, there is no specif config guide for that, there are simplu guidelines to achieve roaming:

It is possible to allow clients to roam freely  between the APs.  The common method is to use the same SSID and Security settings on each access poin and use a different channel on each AP.  e.g. if you are in  the US and installed two access points, use channels #1 and #11.  Or if  three access points, then use channels #1, #6, and #11 (setting the  channels at least 5 apart should help keep interference between APs to a  minimum). If you have a residential gateway with wireless turned on,  and just one AP, then the same applies: each gets a different channel.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

thank you tiago for your Precious help

i will try it and i hope to get a good Result

thank you again

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content