Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN controller Software Download

g.liversage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I purchased a brand new Cisco wlan controller (2500 model) and one access point from a Cisco authorised supplier. Can I register the controller on the

Cisco website to enable access to download software related to this controller? I want to download the latest "AIR-CTVM-K9-8-0-100-0.aes"  software

but I am not allowed according to my profile.

So how do I get access to the latest software for my 2500 WLAN controller ?

Regards

Gideon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can I register the controller on the Cisco website to enable access to download software related to this controller?

Yes and no.  

The quick answer is NO.  Your authorized Cisco reseller should be able to "attach" the serial number of your WLC to your Service Contract and your Service Contract is attached to your CCO login. 

If you go direct to Cisco, it'll take time to get to the bottom of the details plus you need to furnish so many information it's better to get your Cisco reseller to contact them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can I register the controller on the Cisco website to enable access to download software related to this controller?

Yes and no.  

The quick answer is NO.  Your authorized Cisco reseller should be able to "attach" the serial number of your WLC to your Service Contract and your Service Contract is attached to your CCO login. 

If you go direct to Cisco, it'll take time to get to the bottom of the details plus you need to furnish so many information it's better to get your Cisco reseller to contact them.

Hi Leo

Thanks for the information, really appreciate it.

Cheers

Gideon

Thank you for taking the time to rate our posts, Gideon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: