Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 HA

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a HA pair and I' am unsure about a couple of things.

We have already got a standalone 5508 and I'am currently setting up a 2nd 5508 for resilience.

Both Boxes run 8.2.100.0 IOS.

1. Does the service port IP address need to be unique on the primary and redundant WLC?

I'm pretty certain this has to be unique but need clarification.

2.  Would I be right in thinking that the management IP has to be the same on both the primary and     redundant WLC ?

3. Once the second redundant WLC is in sync with the primary will it get the complete config from the primary WLC ? I believe this to be the case would but appreciate some clarification.

Many Thanks

Paul

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@pjdouglas42 wrote:

1. Does the service port IP address need to be unique on the primary and redundant WLC?

I'm pretty certain this has to be unique but need clarification.

Yes

@pjdouglas42 wrote:

2.  Would I be right in thinking that the management IP has to be the same on both the primary and redundant WLC ?

Yes

@pjdouglas42 wrote:

3. Once the second redundant WLC is in sync with the primary will it get the complete config from the primary WLC ? I believe this to be the case would but appreciate some clarification.

Correct.  The active controller will push the config to the standby controller.

Thank for your reply.

Once I have configured the primary and redundant WLC as a HA pair will the primary need a re-boot ?

Obviously if a re-boot is required then this will result in an interruption to services so I will need to be aware of this.

Thanks

Paul

Yes. Both units will reboot.

Thanks Leo, thought that might be the case.

Would I be right in thinking that the redundancy-management ip needs to be in the same subnet as the management ip ? as the management ip would then become the virtual ip address ?

Thanks

Paul

Thanks All.

Got the answers confirmed to the questions above.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: