cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC526 EOL replacement?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Just saw the notice that the WLC526 is at End of Life and is looking to be replaced with the 2100 series of WLAN Controller.  Will CCA 2.2.1 support wireless configuration using the 2100 series WLC or is there another product that will be released to fill this hole?  Will the 2100 or other WLC support any ruggedized/outdoor WAPs or WAPs with external antenna ports?

Thanks,

Seth

9 Replies 9

Seth,

You probably misinterpreted the post or announcement. There are no plans to support the 2100 WLC in SBCS. The replacement platform is the AP541N, which supports clustering and a number of other features that can be used in lieu of a controller.

Marcos

Yeah, the .pdf that shows the EOL schedule shows that the replacement equipment is the WLC 2100.

Curiously, do you know whether this AP has detachable external antennas or are they fixed?  I've been wanting to see a model that is purpose built for the SBCS platform that allows for either external antenns or has a ruggedized enclosure.

Thanks,

Seth

The AP541N ships with three external antennas. There are BNC connectors for these external antennas.

Thanks John,

Have you seen the unit?  Are you sure that they are BNC rather than Cisco's standard TNC?  Reverse Polarity (RP) or Standard Polarity?

Thanks,

Seth

Hi all,

Product Management has agreed to put together a positioning slide or 1-pager, to clarify the "how-to's" and "when-to's" of our Wireless portfolio. It will likely be posted after the holidays.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

I would like to know, if the 1-pager/positioning paper has already been posted, and where to find it?

Thanks!

Christoph

Hi all,

I am lucky enough to have played with the AP541...

wow, it's a easy and fun machine to configure..I saw a mistake in a posting above,  the antennas, of which there are three are SMA not BNC.

EOL, Geez that was quick, can the partners get a wireless roadmap please?

As far as the AP541, it's pretty intrusive compaired to a 521 plus It doesn't look "LWAP" so you loose that feature. I was looking to see if the mobility express configuration was going to the 802.11n side in the near future, but I guess not.

As an integrator we would rather see an LWAP with controller solution that supports "n" without having to break the bank. Now it looks like we are not able to recommend anything to our clients.

Bob James

Bob, thanks for your comments. I am escalating this to the management team. There seems to be something big missing in our communication regarding our wireless strategy.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: