Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPS on the WAP561

Where did the WPS 'soft button' and configuration detail go on the WAP561?

There is no WPS Setup under the Wireless menu.

5 Replies 5

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

Could you please let us know what firmware version are you using?

Moin,  sorry for the slow reply.  I am running -- v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06, 11:02:37) --

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I have talked to the Business Development Group about this and in the most recent release, 1.1.0.4 it was decided to remove this functionality from our Wireless Access Points. A work order has been filed to also remove mention of this feature from related Cisco Documents.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

WOW.  A sad step backward.  It is hard to understand, but makes other WiFi vendor options look more appealing.

Some of Cisco decision was based on a security flaw within WPS. You can read about that here. http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/723755

Since it is urged that customers disable this feature, I am assuming that Cisco has pulled that from the products for now thinking of customer security precautions.

Eric Moyers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: