Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WPS on the WAP561

Where did the WPS 'soft button' and configuration detail go on the WAP561?

There is no WPS Setup under the Wireless menu.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Bronze

Could you please let us know

Could you please let us know what firmware version are you using?

Moin,  sorry for the slow

Moin,  sorry for the slow reply.  I am running -- v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06, 11:02:37) --

My name Eric Moyers. I am an

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I have talked to the Business Development Group about this and in the most recent release, 1.1.0.4 it was decided to remove this functionality from our Wireless Access Points. A work order has been filed to also remove mention of this feature from related Cisco Documents.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

WOW.  A sad step backward.

WOW.  A sad step backward.  It is hard to understand, but makes other WiFi vendor options look more appealing.

Some of Cisco decision was

Some of Cisco decision was based on a security flaw within WPS. You can read about that here. http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/723755

Since it is urged that customers disable this feature, I am assuming that Cisco has pulled that from the products for now thinking of customer security precautions.

Eric Moyers

Views
Helpful
Replies