Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N Problem Wlan

Hi Community

I am new to the forum but really desparate.

My first Cisco product and trouble trouble trouble.

I bought a WRVS4400N with the actual Firmware V2.008.ETSI

I am connected to the Internet by cable, cablemodem is plugged into my new Cisco router then goes to a Gigabit Switch (3Com), House ist equipped with cat. 7 Gigabit cable.

My Problem:

Modem and router up an running on a 7/24 hour basis.

Problem 1:

I am using Wlan functionality but every other day, the Wlan loses internet connectivity meaning I have contact to LAN bot WAN (internet) is dead, all W7 clients show me the "!" in the internet connection. If I switch to cable (gigabit) connection, everything works fine. Log into the router (via LaN), do a reset of the router and everything (cable and Wlan) is up an running again.

Problem 2:

Sometimes (not often) also cable shows the "!", no log in to the router is possible, have to reset the router and up an running again.

I am very confused, I switched the cable modem (from a 100mb to a gigabit lan) but the problem persists.

As Wlan and Lan can be affected, I think there must be a problem with the router, I am using the standard setup with a hidden wlan name, changed the wlan connection types from all to G only no luck.

It seems that the router "loses" connectivity to internet on purpose.

Can someone give me a tip?

If you need more specification feel free to ask.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best

Andreas

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content