Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Problem Wlan

aluetzelschwab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

I am new to the forum but really desparate.

My first Cisco product and trouble trouble trouble.

I bought a WRVS4400N with the actual Firmware V2.008.ETSI

I am connected to the Internet by cable, cablemodem is plugged into my new Cisco router then goes to a Gigabit Switch (3Com), House ist equipped with cat. 7 Gigabit cable.

My Problem:

Modem and router up an running on a 7/24 hour basis.

Problem 1:

I am using Wlan functionality but every other day, the Wlan loses internet connectivity meaning I have contact to LAN bot WAN (internet) is dead, all W7 clients show me the "!" in the internet connection. If I switch to cable (gigabit) connection, everything works fine. Log into the router (via LaN), do a reset of the router and everything (cable and Wlan) is up an running again.

Problem 2:

Sometimes (not often) also cable shows the "!", no log in to the router is possible, have to reset the router and up an running again.

I am very confused, I switched the cable modem (from a 100mb to a gigabit lan) but the problem persists.

As Wlan and Lan can be affected, I think there must be a problem with the router, I am using the standard setup with a hidden wlan name, changed the wlan connection types from all to G only no luck.

It seems that the router "loses" connectivity to internet on purpose.

Can someone give me a tip?

If you need more specification feel free to ask.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best

Andreas

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: