Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N - ssid vlans are not working

I've been searching high and low and although I've found many results of people having this same exact problem there doesn't seem to be a fix, or at least no one was kind enough to post one.

Background:

I have many vlans but the 3 in question are 10, 20, 30.

10 is for my laptops and desktops with an ip range of 192.168.10.10 - 192.168.10.50.

20 is my home automation network with an orange of 192.168.20.20 - 192.168.20.150

30 is my guest network with a orange of 192.168.30.84 - 192.168.30.89

I have a dell powerconnect configured with vlans as my core switch. I trunked a port on the switch assigning 3 vlans (10,20,30) and connected it to port 1 on the wrvs4400N. On the wrvs4400 I trunked port 1 tagging vlan 10,20,30. For some reason vlan 1 is untagged on port 1 and I don't know why.

I also have a router connected to the powerconnect. Of the 3 vlans I mentioned vlan 10 and vlan 30 are the only ones with interfaces on the router. Vlan 20 is an internal network with a separate router and until I figure this out that router is physically turned off. Also the router currently turned on has no routes configured to connect my vlans. Currently there is no configured way to jump vlans.

I created 4 ssid on the wrvs4400N. Private, home, guest, and wrvs.

private - is assigned to vlan 10

home - is assigned to vlan 20

guest - is assigned to vlan 30

wrvs - is assigned to vlan 1 - this is temporary until I can get this working. I want it so the only way to manage the wireless is to walk over to it and physically plug in.

There are a couple DHCP servers.

Vlan 10 has a windows server 2008 r2 dhcp server.

vlan 20 uses it's powered off router for dhcp

vlan 30 uses the main router connected to the power connect

vlan 1 on the powerconnect uses the main router - this dhcp scope is only used until I'm done with my rebuild since I don't plan on actually using vlan 1 - the scope is 192.168.2.0

dhcp is turned off on the wrvs4400.

on the wrvs4400 I made sure to turn off inter vlan routing, and I enable ssid isolation.

The problem:

No matter what ssid I connect to I get a dhcp response from vlan 10. all my test indicates that I'm actually on vlan 10. I get internet and I can hit all devices on vlan 10. If I connect to ssid guest and change my ip address to match vlan 30 I can not ping the gateway for vlan 30 and I have no internet access. Some times I get something different. Sometimes I get an ip address from vlan 1 on the powerconnect. If I renew my ip address then I'll grab one from vlan 10 but I should be getting one from 30 or none at all for vlan 20. The absolute crazy part is my droid sometimes gets a 192.168.4.x ip address. I don't have a 192.168.4.x network or dhcp scope anywhere on my network! If I physically plug into a port on the power connect I get to the correct network 10 out of 10 times. If I configure vlans on the other 3 ports on the wrvs4400 and physically plug in, I get to the correct network 10 out of 10 times. Over the wireless all hell breaks lose.

I've reset to factory a few times and I've been all inside and out of the wrvs4400. I have no clue what could be wrong with this thing. Please help!!!

More info is available upon request.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

WRVS4400N - ssid vlans are not working

Kerwin,

There is a bug with these units- you will need a different unit for your current configuration to work properly. Since you're utilizing other DHCP server in your topology; this isn't the best unit for you. Please call into support center @ 1-866-606-1866 for further requests.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content