cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N won't route all traffic over IPsec

vhato
Level 1
Level 1

All of my remote sites use various routers to route all of their traffic via IPsec.  However, I have one WRVS4400N w/firmware 2.0.2.1 configured with a working tunnel.  My issue is I need to set the Remote Group to 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 so all traffic is forced via IPsec tunnel and not out the local gateway.  When I do the error, Remote Security Group and Local Security Group cannot be in the same network. However, it works with Cisco/Linksys RV042.

Any ideas?  Attached are screen shots of each.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ESP wildcard forwarding is not an officially supported feature, thus not documented in the product literature. If you need a wifi router that supports this feature, you could check out the Cisco ISR series, which is IOS based.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The feature you requested is called ESP wildcard forwarding, which is only supported on RV042, RV082, and RV016, among the Cisco Small Business routers.

Thank you so much for your reply.  You gave me some focus....however,  I returned to Cisco's Home Business page and I cannot find any information on ESP Wildcard Forwarding and I can't find anything about it with reviewing the first two pages of Google search.  So, how is a customer looking for this feature in a router supposed to choose a router for their needs when no one, even Cisco lists it?  Does Cisco offer any Wireless Routers that feature ESP Wildcard Forwarding so I don't have to purcchase a WAP and Router?

Like Princess Leia "Thank you Tekliu, you're my only hope"

Thanks

The ESP wildcard forwarding is not an officially supported feature, thus not documented in the product literature. If you need a wifi router that supports this feature, you could check out the Cisco ISR series, which is IOS based.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: