cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contract on account, but cannot use anything requiring a contract

Eric Wisti
Level 1
Level 1

I have a contract on my account, but I can't download software for the device and I can't get SCH to allow me to use it. It says I don't have a contract, but it's on my profile. I try to register for SCH and the contract associations people say I have a contract. SCH says I don't have a contract. Four loops of this already and three loops trying to get software for the device without having to use special file access requests. Everyone says I do/don't have a contract, but no one can tell me how to get this inconsistant database issue resolved!! Do you know anyway I can find someone who can figure this out?

3 Replies 3

hasahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eric,

This is Hassan and I am from Cisco Smart Services Bureau.

I confirm you have an SNT contract in your profile (ericwisti).

You have software download access as well.

I would like to have further clarification from you, on how SCH blocks you from downloading SW. and if you have completed the SCH registration step correctly or not, below are the steps for SCH registration:

1- Identify the SCH supported devices on your network.

2- Make sure they have SCH supported OS versions. If not, download them. Please visit www.cisco.com/go/smartcallhome for this step.

3- Cover these devices under a SCH supported service contract if they are not already.

4- Associate the contract to your cisco.com ID.

5- Download the quick start guide of each device type from www.cisco.com/go/smartcallhome

6- Follow the steps in the quick start guide

For further questions, please reply back to ask-smart-services@cisco.com

Regards,

Hassan Ahmed

Cisco Smart Services Bureau

The issue isn't that SCH blocks me, but rather it seems all related. SCH says I don't have a contract, sends an email to Contract Associations and they reply:

"

Thank you for contacting Cisco regarding your contract request.

Please be informed that the contract you provided has already been associated with your profile.

If you cannot see the contract in your profile manager, could you please wait for another 24 hours? I am sure that the contract is under your profile, but our database may need some time to be updated. Please let me know if you still can not see it 24 hours later.

"

I try to download software (unrelated to SCH except they rely on the same contract) and I'm told I don't have a contract. I show a contract on my Cisco.com Profile Manager page, but I get a "service contract required" message trying to download software.

So, it appears that there are a couple of database with a missing connection somewhere. Why does Contract Associations and Profile Manager say I have a contract, but SCH and Software Downloads say I don't?

I do get some SCH messages, but I can't see it on the SCH website.(https://tools.cisco.com/sch/reports/deviceReport.do)

These are the problems I've been fighting for over a week now.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

Cisco recently instituted a way of checking what equipment was actually *on* the contract before allowing download of the software from Cisco.com. The real question here is if the device you are trying to download software for is on the contract. If not, you will not be able to download software for it. For example, if only a 3750 is on the contract, you will not be able to download code for a 6500 using that contract.

This does lead to issues with end of support (really old) devices which cannot be put under contract and management is aware of the issue.

Unfortuantely, people sometimes end up buying a new contract with each piece of equipment as well. For them to function under this system, all contracts need to be associated to their Cisco.com profile or a single umbrella contract can be manually put into place under the SmartNet Total Care (SNTC) Program.

Please call into Cisco service relations and verify what is under the contract attached to your profile. You may in fact also have other contracts not associated to your profile. If you have a contract covering the device you are trying to download software for associated to your cisco.com profile, please open a TAC case to resolve the issue.

Message was edited by: Lawrence Searcy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: