cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managed device not showing in portal

aellis001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cat29xxStack that is currently listed as a Managed Device in CSP but does not show up in the SNTC portal after multiple uploads over a few weeks.  Other Cat29xxStack switches do show up in the portal.

How can I ensure all devices are uploaded into the Portal?

Note:  There may be more devices not being uploaded...this is just the one switch I have been monitoring to see if it gets uploaded.

CSP.PNGSNTC.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for providing requested information. I checked further, if it is in manage device list means it has been discovered. It seems collection has not been done after discovery. I checked transport/collection file, and I did not find given device in question. Please run new collection and upload and let us know if issue persists.

Thanks,

Supriya

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

aellis001
Level 1
Level 1

CSP.PNG

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

Please login to collector GUI and select 'collected data' tab and click on 'view data' tab. Do you see questioned switch there? Then select the drop down and find the "stack" MIB and see if the other switches are listed under it. Plesae private message me sreeenshot of above as well company name, SN, version  of collector. Top right corner, click on message icon and please send me private message. I will investigate further and update you.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hey Supriya,

Thanks for the reply. When I click on "View Data" the screen just sits on "Loading" until my login times out.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for providing requested information. I checked further, if it is in manage device list means it has been discovered. It seems collection has not been done after discovery. I checked transport/collection file, and I did not find given device in question. Please run new collection and upload and let us know if issue persists.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hey Supriya,

The collection and transport is scheduled within CSP and this device has been managed within CSP for weeks so any new transport should have the switch already.

I am running a manual collection now.

Hi Andrew,

Please update me with result at the same time I can verify with new upload as it comes.

Thanks,

Supriya

Collection Profile Run Summary shows the switch as inventoried and the upload to SNTC is In Progress.

HI Andrew,

I checked latest data on SNTC portal and now device appear correctly. Please do let me know if you have any specific question on same.

Thanks,
Supriya

Mike Kemp
Level 1
Level 1
Check the non processed device report on the portal. Chances are its not being processed correctly.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your response.

Where exactly do I find that report?  While I was looking I did check "Upload Processing", clicked on the recent upload, clicked on "Failed", and did not see the switch there as failed to upload.

I didnt release i was in the SNTC forum i thought it was PSS :D

For us its under the generate reports tabCapture.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: