Views
Helpful
Replies

Not displaying/computing old discovered assets

Nicolas MATHEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We do have few decommissioned devices still shown in the collector and probably in the portal) and I would like to remove them.

I know that I can move them into "un-managed" group but it there anyway to filter them out by a specific "discovery/inventory" date?

Regards,

Nicolas.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nicholas,

The best way to remove decommissioned devices is to add them to the 'un-managed' group as you point out. Once added it will no longer be collected and therefore be removed from the current view and downloadable reports. Please remember to process a collection once you have opted out the decommissioned devices.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Suba

View solution in original post

Hi Nicholas,

You can use the Inventory Delta Report to identify the decommissioned devices. For example, if you decommissioned 100 devices on July 6th and switched it off, then those 100 devices will show up on the Inventory Delta Report as 'deleted' the next time you process an upload. You can pull up Delta Reports by using date ranges and this will help you easily identify all devices that were decommissioned .

Be sure to check out the How-To Videos on Delta Reports to learn more.

Suba

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Nicholas,

The best way to remove decommissioned devices is to add them to the 'un-managed' group as you point out. Once added it will no longer be collected and therefore be removed from the current view and downloadable reports. Please remember to process a collection once you have opted out the decommissioned devices.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Suba

Hi Suba,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Is there anyway to filter them based on last collection date? This way it will ease mass "un-managed" move from decommissioned devices .

Regards,

Nicolas.

Hi Nicholas,

Let me try to understand your question better - are you looking to filter the decommissioned devices from the portal after you have moved them to the 'unmanaged' group in the collector or are you looking to identify the decommissioned devices on the portal?

Thanks,

Suba

Hi,

Actually today I have to check with IP/Hostname each device I know they have been decomm.

I would like to know if we can filter then entire managed devices by last inventory date to avoid this "manual" action.

Let's say last 3 months not inventoried devices should be actually decommissioned and so put in the "un-managed" group.

Make sense?

Thanks,

Nicolas.

Hi Nicholas,

You can use the Inventory Delta Report to identify the decommissioned devices. For example, if you decommissioned 100 devices on July 6th and switched it off, then those 100 devices will show up on the Inventory Delta Report as 'deleted' the next time you process an upload. You can pull up Delta Reports by using date ranges and this will help you easily identify all devices that were decommissioned .

Be sure to check out the How-To Videos on Delta Reports to learn more.

Suba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: