Views
Helpful
Replies

self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-2.6 collector Problems

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

According To Lynden Price's setup guide he says the following

To generate an entitlement, go to the Smart Net Total Care portal: https://tools.cisco.com/smartservices/

Close out of any splash screens.

In the left pane, Select Library > All Collectors

Once the screen loads, select the Actions dropdown and choose to “Register a New CSPC”

CSPC entitlement 1

CSPC entitlement 1
However, When I login to the link The Page I get DOES NOT SAY SMART NET TOTAL CARE it refers to PARTNER SUPPORT SERVICE ?
Then Lynden says  "In the left pane, Select Library > All Collectors"   
however I do not have a Library pane in the left hand side, what I do have is 
Actions
Generate Reports
Manage Collectors
Manage Users
If I click on Manage collectors from there in the RIGHT hand pane there is an actions tab & from this when I click on MANAGE COLLECTORS
from there on the Right hand pane there is an Actions tab which has the option of "Register A New Collector"
However in Lyndons example it says on his screen it says "Generate a new CSP-C entitlement"
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I HAVE AND LYNDON'S EXAMPLE PLEASE?
4 Replies 4

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Click the Back button (in the upper left hand corner of the portal page), and you should see a selection of different services that you have access to:

You currently have Partner Support Service selected. Choose Smart Net Total Care instead and it should show the information you are looking for.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thjanks for the swift Reply Lyndon. when I click the back button the otions I have are 

Cisco SmartAdvisor
Partner Support Service

Nothing else no Smart Net Total Care???

Why do i not have the Smart NET Total care TAB ?

Also what is the difference between selecting the collector from Partner Support Service or Smart Net Total Care ?

PSS and SNTC use different collectors to upload to different portals. So if you make a registration on the SNTC portal, it will upload to the SNTC portal, but won't send anything to the PSS portal, and vice versa.

In your case, it looks like you don't have access to the SNTC portal, which is where you will need to generate the entitlement I describe in my blog post. You'll need to get access to the SNTC portal first.

You can find help for doing that here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13086306/portal-access-troubleshooting

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: