cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading cisco IOS

Omer ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have cisco 2951 router my IOS version is 15.0(1)M4, I want to upgrade it to the latest IOS to use it with mobile jabber, how can I do that? do I need to buy license again? where can I get the IOS software? Cisco's website is asking for partner.....etc. 

please help

8 Replies 8

Salman Aghayev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi alan,

Do you have a smartnet?

Thank you Salman,

No I don't have one.

Hi alan01071977, like salman said you need a smartnet contract to upgrade your IOS into a newer version. i can help you check your smartnet contract and what smartnet contract you will need for the upgrade that you plan to do. for further assistance please feel free to send me a message.

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

Dear fguasque,

thanks for your reply, now tell me what to do please. how would I get smartnet contract?

HI alan01071977, please send me an email with your part number at fguasque@cisco.com ill check from our end what smart net contract you will need.

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

which Part number you need? serial number or what?

Hi alan, the part number would be at the back of the device. example of this would be something like this "WS-6509-E" hope to receive your email soon.

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

here is the serial number  FCZ151520MX   and  this one    73-11836-06   is the part number I got it from show diag command.