Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

Running Qualys Connecter via Cron Job Fails

Running a Qualys Connector manually succeeds, but when I try to automate it using cron, I receive the following error:

Can't locate SFCheckPreReq.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at <path to connector>/qualys_connector.pl line 8.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at <path to connector>/qualys_connector.pl line 8.

The <path to connector> in the above output is the location where I have installed the connector.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

There is one special concern,

There is one special concern, when running the Qualys Connector via cron, rather than directly.  Specifically, the Qualys Connector script has several libraries in a sub-directory, that it requires. When you run it by hand, these sub-directories are relative to the current directory (known as . and is the last entry in the @INC path). When run from cron, however, that is not the current directory.

There is a simple solution, prepend a cd <path to connector> command to the cron entry. For instance, assume:

1. The Qualys connector is installed in /home/qconn/
  2. There is currently a cron entry that reads:
0 5 * * * /home/qconn/qualys_connector.pl

The cron entry needs to be updated to read:

0 5 * * * cd /home/qconn/; ./qualys_connector.pl
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content