cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SorceFire Portal login credentials different than Cisco.com?

Scott Feda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Setting up a 5506-X with firepower and when creating a FireAMP connection it takes me to a SourceFire portal to log in.  Where do I get those credentials?  They aren't the same as my Cisco.com login.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nikhil Vaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

The FireAMP tab is used for logging into the FireAMP Console and integrating another product, AMP for Endpoints, which requires a FireAMP Subscription. A vague and brief description of the AMP for Endpoints product, is where a connector is installed on end devices for malware protection. It's commonly mistaken that this is required to utilize the Malware license. 

The Malware License (also referred to as AMP for Networks) performs file inspection on network traffic. It is utilized by creating a File Policy (under Policies > Files). After creating a File Policy, you then need to add the File Policy to an Access Control rule. Afterwards, any traffic that matches that Access Control rule will go through the File Policy.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nikhil Vaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

The FireAMP tab is used for logging into the FireAMP Console and integrating another product, AMP for Endpoints, which requires a FireAMP Subscription. A vague and brief description of the AMP for Endpoints product, is where a connector is installed on end devices for malware protection. It's commonly mistaken that this is required to utilize the Malware license. 

The Malware License (also referred to as AMP for Networks) performs file inspection on network traffic. It is utilized by creating a File Policy (under Policies > Files). After creating a File Policy, you then need to add the File Policy to an Access Control rule. Afterwards, any traffic that matches that Access Control rule will go through the File Policy.

Thanks

Thank you Nikhil,

That makes sense.  No wonder why my credentials wouldn't work.

Scott

Hi Nikhil

When setting up an ASA with AMP License, how do we get rid of the following message from the DefenseCenter?

Warning Modules:1,Normal Modules:16,Disabled Modules:10
Module Advanced Malware Protection: Cannot connect to cloud

As you said on the solution of this post, there is no need of credentials when working with AMP for endpoint, however, the warning remain on the console. Is there a way to remove this warning?

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card