cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required cisco 1600 ios

urgbalaji
Level 1
Level 1

have one cisco router 1600 series for home purpose .Its IOS has been corrupted,i am unable to download it in cisco website.Is any possible to give the IOS or
Please can u tell me if any other solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am afraid that there is not a good answer for your situation. The only approved and safe method of getting IOS image files is to download them from Cisco. There may be some sources on the Internet which might offer IOS image files but they are not approved and their reliability and safety is uncertain.

Perhaps there is a lesson in this for those of us who have gear in home labs and the lesson is about the importance of making backup copies of our IOS image files.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am afraid that there is not a good answer for your situation. The only approved and safe method of getting IOS image files is to download them from Cisco. There may be some sources on the Internet which might offer IOS image files but they are not approved and their reliability and safety is uncertain.

Perhaps there is a lesson in this for those of us who have gear in home labs and the lesson is about the importance of making backup copies of our IOS image files.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: