cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding options to a D9854-I

ebergman
Level 1
Level 1

I bought (3) 9854-I receivers from a dealer that our company uses to buy all the enterprise networking equipment . Then I discovered that I also needed to buy some options to get the features I need, so I bought (3) each of

L-D9854-DVBS2

L-D9854-HDDEC

L-9854-MP4DEC

L-D9854-IPOUT

I got an email from the dealer, that has eDelivery Access Order, so I registered and got a CISCO ID, and then tried to download these licenses, but the only thing that would download was a pdf.

So my question is twofold:

One, what are the deliverables for licensed options for the D9854? and

Two, I do not see anywhere in the D9854-D9854-I-Advanced-Program-Receiver_SW-V4-50-Installation-and-Configuration-Guide.pdf

on how to apply the licenses to the units.

OK threefold,

Are there more steps to getting access to the products I bought, does my CISCO ID need to be linked to our company, the dealer, etc so I can access the needed deliverables?

Thanks

Eric Bergman

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure they are not honesty licences?  I'm not familiar with this product, but you may now have to do anything with the licences.

If you get a Cisco SmartNet contract you can link that with your CCO username which gets you download rights, the ability to open a Cisco TAC case, etc.

Hello Eric,

i am not sure if i can really help you but lets give it a shot. What is the status of the hw/features under the Ssytem setting/identification?

Regarding the license, usually you activate the Cisco PAK under www.cisco.com/go/license and as far as i know for this action your cco account dont need to be associated/linked with any company.

what version are you currently running on the d9854?

Thanks for the replies, I am probably a couple steps behind you.

I ordered the options from the dealer, and got a eDelivery email, which kind of worked after I got a cisco.com account. But when I chose to download the complete order, all that I got was some "Right to Use Notification" pdf. and no PAKs or license keys. I do not believe that this product is the "honesty" type of license, note in  the  top description entry that it says "Field Upgrade E-Delivery". So I believe that I would need, perhaps a PAK, and then thru some process convert that into a license key, which I would then put into the equipment?

Hello Eric,

Well, its wise to contact licensing@cisco.com for further instructions, even though the RTU most probably implies that you can use it straightahead, still i am not sure on how to activate those licenses.

What is the features/license status in your d9854 showing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: