cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Cisco FAQ] - How can I copy my recorded programs from my DVR to my PC?

deibrown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can I move copies from my DVR hard drive to my PC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Puckett
Level 1
Level 1

The ability to record or copy programming is categorized under specific copy protection specifications regulated by the FCC and set by the content providers.

In general, over-the-air or local broadcast programs should be set to copy freely, and allow you to make another copy for your pc or mobile device. Other subscription-based programming and premium channels may allow copying to your DVR, but might not be available to make extra copies. Additionally, PPV movies and events may be DVR recordable, but have a timeframe to view before it expires.

The copy protection on channels usually varies from provider to provider.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark Puckett
Level 1
Level 1

The ability to record or copy programming is categorized under specific copy protection specifications regulated by the FCC and set by the content providers.

In general, over-the-air or local broadcast programs should be set to copy freely, and allow you to make another copy for your pc or mobile device. Other subscription-based programming and premium channels may allow copying to your DVR, but might not be available to make extra copies. Additionally, PPV movies and events may be DVR recordable, but have a timeframe to view before it expires.

The copy protection on channels usually varies from provider to provider.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: