DCM-DRD-4SAT4CI & DCM-GBE-MK1

servicepro.ian
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir or Madame:

I plan to buy DCM D9902 with below modules

DCM-DRD-4SAT4CI x 1

DCM-GBE-MK1 x 1

I plan to descramble multiple stream on 4  DVB-S/S2 received.

Please advise what kind of license needs to be included? Is below correct? or I need more?

LDCM-8VSB

D9900/D9901 8-VSB Reception Lic. (1 RF Input, req. 8VSB)

LDCM-CI-1

D9900/D9901 DCM DRD Descrambling Lic. 1 CI Slot (req DRD)

LDCM-MIS-1

D9900/D9901 DCM DRD Multistream (MIS) Lic. 1 RF (req DRD)

LDCM-SAT-1

D9900/D9901 DCM DRD Satellite Reception Lic. 1 RF (req DRD)

Do I need to include FEC card on top of DCM-GBE-MK1 ?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

to start with, for every drd input (4 at each drd) you can lock one transponder and then receive the video services of the transponder for multiplexing to ip over the GBE card.. For this action, we usually get the LDCM-SAT-1/per rf input. This license allows one multiple transport stream per transponder.

Then, if the services are not FTA, you need to add the amount of the CI/CA modules going to be used for descrambling, as such one LDCM-CI-1 for each CI slot.

Never used the 8VSB before.Last, for the FEC license, this is purely driven by your requirements but i am not sure if you need a co-processor on top of the GBE card.

hope it helps

Thanks

Dear panayiotiscy :

Thanks for your advise, it is very helpful.

In what kind of condition should I select LDCM-MIS-1 multistream license?

Is there any additional license should I add on top of DCM-GBE-MK1

Have a nice weekend!

Hi

The multistream license is only applicable if you are receiving DVB-S2 transmissions with multiple streams per RF channel. In DVB-S, you only get one transport stream (may have multiple Video channels). But with DVB-S2, you can also have multiple transport streams per RF frequency.

There is no need for any additional licenses to go with the DCM-GBE-MK1 if you are only using it for encapsulating the streams in IP.

The FEC card is for ProMPEG FEC which is used to correct packet drops in IP network. So, whether you need it or not depends on your downstream network and the receivers of your video streams.

Hi Kusridha,

I need to ask about the multistream license for DRD card

As normal setup we'll set a frequency per each RF port , and this frequency will carry more than one channel. So is multistream licnese is a must to be able to use more than 1 channel per RF port ? And if I didn't use this license then I'll be able to stream only one channel per 1 RF port on each frequency ?

Or there is another mean for multistream and without it I can send more than one channel per RF port ?

Thanks

Haitham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: