Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

9020 and NPIV compatibility

Does anyone know if the 9020(Ver 2.1) will communicate with a device using NPIV?(HP Virtual Connect FC module.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: 9020 and NPIV compatibility

NPIV is supported on a Cisco 9124e and can be ISL'd to a 9020 if you'd like. On the Cisco 9124e, the 4 or 8 fabric facing ports are E ports allowing you to ISL or Port Channel them to your 9020.

I found 2 PDF documents that explain all of this and I've attached a text file with the link's onto this reply along with page references.

Hope this helps.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The Core switch (in this case the 9020) needs to support NPIV to connect too into HP VC. The 9020 does not support NPIV.

Community Member

Thanks. If a newer device(9124) were added to the storage network, could a device using NPIV be attached to it(9124) and still communicate the storage array through ISL port to the 9020s?

Community Member

NPIV is supported on a Cisco 9124e and can be ISL'd to a 9020 if you'd like. On the Cisco 9124e, the 4 or 8 fabric facing ports are E ports allowing you to ISL or Port Channel them to your 9020.

I found 2 PDF documents that explain all of this and I've attached a text file with the link's onto this reply along with page references.

Hope this helps.

Community Member

Thanks. I think this gives me the work around I needed.

Take Care!!!!!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content