Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

a new user of mds 9120

Dear all, This is my first time to use MDS, i am setting up a storage network, I connected a IBM aix server and a IBM shark to MDS 9120, but I could not found the shark from aix server with a default configuration of MDS, the ports on MDS have been actived, Could you pls. tell me what can i do next step? Are there some normal steps for setting up a MDS? Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: a new user of mds 9120

As per the migration guide on the Cisco webpage and IBM has, care should have been already taken to guarantee the AIX boxes received the same FCID as it had previously. If this is a new install or that step was not taken, then smitty needs to be run to discover the shark after zoning is done. So, issue a show flogi database and verify the devices are logged into the fabric. If they are, then zone them together and activate the zoneset. There is plenty of documentation on the website on how to zone. Once this is done, then issue a show zoneset active and verify the AIX box and the shark is in the same zone and there is a * to the left of the PWWN's. Then make sure that the LUN security is activated for the pwwn of the AIX box in the shark array and then rescan from AIX box and should find the storage.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content