cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activating sorted zonesets

gaasedelen
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to create a cisco zoneset that is sorted by zone name by default?  I've been a SAN admin for many years and one thing I've learned is that if I get waken up at 2:00 in the morning on a "can't see my storage issue" the last thing I want to do is to comb through 100's or 1000's of zone sets to see if a wwn has changed.  This is an especially onerous task if these zonesets are in random order based on when the zone was initially created and added to the zoneset.  I've tried using the 'show zoneset active vsan xxx | sort' command but this just takes the show zoneset output and sorts each line separately with blank lines going first then zone name then device alias name, etc.  Not real useful for troubleshooting initiator/target zones with blank lines included for readability.

What I would like to see is something like this when I use a "show zoneset active" command:

Zoneset myZoneset

zone name host1_target1

fcid host1

fcid target1

zone name host1_target2

fcid host1

fcid target2

zone name host2_target1

fcid host2

fcid target1

etc....

1 Reply 1

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco User Groups to the Storage Networking community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: