Views
Helpful
Replies

automate full zones and zonest backup

eric.krejci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are ways to automate the backup of the zones and zoneset that you can perform with the fabric manager GUI?

maybe through the CLI?

many thanks

Eric

5 Replies 5

user_4444
Level 1
Level 1

The only way to backup is via the CLI, using the Scheduler and then setup a Schedule for when you want to run it.

See the MDS cookbook section 1-14 command scheduler for more details.

Cheers.

Hi,

thanks for the info, but only tftp can be used in conjunction with the scheduler?

Another protocol which will require a password won't work?

many thanks

Eric

I thought you could run any command using "Scheduler"?

I can run tftp to my workstation from the switches without the need to supply a password, is the tftp share setup for Anonymous access?

unfortunately copy command with password prompt don't work, and I cannot add the password in the scheduler job as it's not a proper SANOS command.

tftp doesn't request password or username to connect, but to be more secure a firewall need to be used in addition. this mean that security can only be performed at an "IP" level.

that was one reason why I would have used another transprot such as sftp, but a password is needed and cannot be inserted in the job.

You can use this soft :

save-simply-your-san

http://code.google.com/p/save-simply-your-san/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: