Views
Helpful
Replies

Business case to go from Brocade to Cisco

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings,

While waiting for a "highly respected" vendor to even consider my request to trade in our Brocade directors for a bunch of 9513s, I have been handed a very short deadline to get quotes, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had gone through the process of arguing what is so much better with the MDS versus Brocade Directors.

There are not all that many differences other than VSAN's, port security and the fact that the MDS is much more suited for IP type of work such as FCIP, iSCSI etc. Only the Brocade 48000 has the ability to do that and ours don't have any spare slots. I don't want to purchase a storage router for something that we can already do in the MDS. Management does not want to consider interop modes so it has to be all or nothing.

The key to this is that NASB has to work and so far Cisco still cant tell me if anyone is using it. All my sales rep says is I am looking into it and he has had a couple of weeks to do that.

Hopefully someone can offer some special compelling reason to go MDS.

Regards

Stephen

1 Reply 1

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

I just wanted to say I am getting some useful information from Cisco and my sales rep is a wonderful person who is obviously doing a lot behind the scenes.

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: