Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't login to DCNM after update

DrPepper1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've just updated DCNM to version 10.1(1), and there's something strange about the login.

I'm using local user/password.

- Login to java client works

- Login to web interface does not work anymore

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

melitrissa86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you perform update from version 10.0 (1) to 10.1 (1)?

If yes, this is Cisco Bug CSCvc42926 "DCNM WebUI Login Fails -- receive "Authentication Failure"

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc42926/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Cisco proposes the following workaround:

-Restore server properties file from backup or update missing information
-Re-install of DCNM may be necessary

I also did DCNM update from 10.0(1) to 10.1.(1) and then I couldn't connect to server via Web interface. I tried to restore server properties but it didn't help.

I wanted to re-install DCNM but I didn't find  documentation how to do it.

So I decided to rollback from 10.1.(1) to 10.0(1)  and it solved problem.

If you found another solution please share it.

Thank you in advance

Yes, I did perform an update.

I didn't know about the bug (BTW, thanks for sharing), and I also tried to restore server.properties file, without any luck.

So it seems that I've got to reinstall from scratch :-(

That's too bad... 

Installation shouldn't be too hard, I think you'll find documentation on how to do that.

P.S.

Do you know what are the "missing information" to be updated in the server.properties file?

Hi,

I don't know what information is missed in the server.properties file.

But I did update from 7.2.3 to 10.1.1 and it was successfully. So now I can test a new version.

Maybe you can try to rollback to version to 7.2.3 and then try to do update to 10.1.1.

But I would like to ask you one thing. I have issue with remove devices from discovery. I started discovery for some devices one month ago and it is still in progress. I tried to shutdown DCNM processes, reload server, shutdown database, but it doesn't help.

Maybe did you have similar issue and know how to solve it?

I'm sorry but I'm not facing this issue.

You can try to check SNMP community and CLI credentials in DCNM Java client against the ones configured in the switches.

Check credentials both in the "open" tab and in the "fabrics" tab of the java client.

Hi,

How did you perform rollback from version 10.1.1 to version 7.2.3?

Could you please share it?

Do you know that a new version 10.1.2 is available on Cisco site that should solve problem with authentication error?

Thank you in advance

I did not rollback...

And I can't download from Cisco website, because I don't have a system contract with Cisco. I need to wait for the software to be available on EMC website.

Hi melitrissa86,

I tried the following: rollback to 7.2.3, update to 10.1.1

No luck... I still can't access :-(

I found  a Workaround for the bug CSCvc42926 J

-          Migrate from DCNM 7.2(3) to 10.0(1) : ok

-          Backup the DCNM en 10.0(1) 

-          Install a fresh install de DCNM 10.0(1)

-          Import the backup in the fresh install. Test login…

-          Migration vers 10.3(1)

Enjoy :)

Login issue in DCNM-LAN–After installing Cisco DCNM, and when the DCNM-LAN and DCNM-SAN are launched, the following error is displayed:
"Authentication Failure: Invalid username/password"
Reset the login password using the pwreset tool under <DCNM_HOME>\dcm\dcnm\bin.
Note       For Linux, configure x-windows to display the pwreset GUI. For more information, see http://www.hungry.com/~jamie/xexport.html.
Launching the web client or other clients (DCNM-LAN and DCNM-SAN java web start clients fails).
When Cisco DCNM is installed on a new Windows 2008 server. By default, the firewall settings are enabled and you will not be able to launch the web client from any other server machine (other then the machine where Cisco DCNM servers are installed).

Turn off the default firewall or create appropriate rules to allow the ports specified during Cisco DCNM installation.