Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MDS - Logging Buffer

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there an equivalent command of 'logging buffer' in MDS switch.

I didn't find any in the command reference. Also how can I configure the size of the log buffer stored in the MDS memory.

Lastly, does Cisco MARS support MDS SAN-OS. I didn't find a device type in the list, but can it be added against 'Generic Router version unknown' just to capture the syslogs. I tried it and it gave an error on MARS - 'There is no Error Log for this Device.'

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can set the logging buffer file name and size with this command (I used test for the file name)

POD5-SW1(config)# logging logfile test 7 size ?

<4096-4194304> Enter the logfile size in bytes

The 7 means to include all logging level messages in the new log file.

This will delete the current log file and all the messages in it...so use this command when you know you no longer need the messages in the current file.

I'm not sure about the MARS portion of your inquiry. If we do not see a post on this, we can engage a security resource and see about getting an answer.

Hope this helps,

Mike

So if I set the log file name to 'test', would the 'show logg' command show the logg from 'test' file.

Also, how is the current log file named which gets deleted upon naming a new log file.

Can you suggest a freeware for capturing syslogs, snmp traps from SAN-OS.

Hope to get an answer from someone on MARS issue.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: