Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5010 and Brocade 5300 compatibility

guigonza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ...

I have two switches Nexus 5010 with NX_OS 4.2.1 conected to Brocade 5000 using NPV (and NPIV) features.

Now we have two new switches Brocade 5300 and we need to verify the compatibility of the Cisco Nexus NX_OS with the Brocade firmware.

I can't find any compatibility matrix with this detail.

Any suggestion ?

6 Replies 6

maminhas
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the link for Nexus and Brocade interoperability Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/interoperability/matrix/Matrix7.html#wp313498

usually this table would show those models those have been tested and verified

However I do not see  Brocade 5300 listed in the table . It could be, interoperability may have not been tested by both vendors perticularly to 5300 type Model.

niranjandas
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Nexus 5020 npv move to Brocade 5000 switch (6.4.2) without any issues. Used almose all nexus new releases 5.0 to 5.2.x

Is Nexus  5010 the only switch type not working with Brocade 5300?

Does this mean 5020 type works with Brocade 5300 and  Nexus 5010 does not.

Technically issues are mostly with firmware versions and not becasue of the hardware type. There could be user configuration error as well.

Thanks for your comments and help.

The Nexus 5010 are connected to Brocade 5000 in NPV configuration, but we recently bought a Brocade 5300 and we want to know the compatibility issues when we connect them.

Hi

We have designed the SAN network with Brocade5300 connected to Nexus5596. we want to know about the campatibility of these two switches. would you please tell me about your result?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: