Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connect 5548UP to Blade Center with Fabric Extenders

I had a quick question about connecting a 5548 to a blade chasis.  Right now we have the Nexus connected and are presenting storage to the servers over the 10GB links using NFS and we're not seeing any issues.  We're considering adding some FC storage to the Nexus and presenting it to the blade center.  I have the fcoe feature enabled on the Nexus and believe it is ready for implementation.  Most of the guides I see speak about using a MDS or refer to a pair of Nexus switches.  Will what we have setup be fine (I can zone directly from the Nexus and present that storage to the blades)?  I know ideally there would be a 2nd Nexus, but for now I'd like to make sure it can be done properly before looking into getting the storage.  I can post the current config of the Nexus if it helps

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Connect 5548UP to Blade Center with Fabric Extenders

Hi David,

Yes, you can do all in the Nexus 5548UP (Ethernet/NFS and FC zoning).

This document is for flexpod implementation but can help in the Nexus 5548UP configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/Virtualization/flexpod_deploy.html

Re: Connect 5548UP to Blade Center with Fabric Extenders

Thanks, I'll review it now.  Here is my current configuration.  I think the only thing that is missing is the vsan database configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies