We are planning to connect to existing MDS 9509s together. Each MDS 9509 already has VSANS configured that do not overlap. We are planning to use IVR.The connection will be ISL with four E ports in single port channel group. Will the connecting of the two MDS 9509 cause a disruptive fabric merge ?
If I were you, I'd wait for someone from Cisco to answer your question, but I'll make an attempt.
It can be done non-disruptively:
1. Make sure to create a new VSAN, that will act as IVR transit VSAN.
2. Turn off trunking on the port-channel before you bring it up and place the E ports into the new VSAN. This will ensure that you don't get any disruptions in your existing fabric. You did say that your VSANs don't overlap, so this step is not really necessary, just a precaution for the future scenarios.
4. Bring up the new port channel.
5. Enable IVR (not disruptive)
6. Create IVR topology database and activate it (not disruptive)
7. Create IVR zones, zonesets and activate them (not disruptive)
The switches will not merge until there is a common vsan between them, such as vsan 1 or some other vsan you create on both switches. That will become the transit vsan in your ivr topology. It is safe to bring up the 4 ISLs and new port-channel. But before you enable ivr and configure it on both switches please see the guidelines in MDS Config Guide and also read the SAN-OS 2.1(2d) and 2.1(2b) Release Notes to understand the important ivr fixes in those releases. If it is the first Enterprise package feature in use you will have a 120 day grace period to obtain and install the Enterprise License.
Introduction This article will help you understand the steps on how to
download the UCS licenses from the Cisco Systems website and then
installing it on the UCS. The redacted (blue lines) just covers up
certain numbers for privacy please do not take them...
Introduction This article will help you understand and educate the
customer on how to clear their "expired licenses"
(license-graceperiod-expired) from their UCS-M. If a customer just
purchased a license and needs a step by step guide on how to download
==================== VIC FNIC driver does not support Virtual Volumes (
second level LUN ID ) An enhancement request has been created to track
this feature - CSCux64473 UPDATE - 12-14-2016 We made some traction on
the enhancement request - The Fix is in t...