Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Data Center Switch - iSCSI Storage / Blade

Hi,

We are looking for a switch that interconnect our lan with our small DC. Our lan has a 4500X in pur DC we need a switch that can connect to a storage iSCSI 1Gb fiber and two 4 SFP+ from a Blade Server. Which switch should we put, i'masking because we are not familiar with DC technologies.

thaks a lot

Ivan

4 REPLIES
VIP Green

Q. what brand of Blade

Q. what brand of Blade servers ? UCS ?

Most likely your servers have 10G connectivity, therefore it would make a lot of sense, to also connect your iSCSI storage with 10G.

Hi Wdey,We have a Dell Blade

Hi Wdey,

We have a Dell Blade Server with 4 10G SFP+. But the storage is HP HP P2000 LFF Modular Smart Array Chassis with FC (8G) / iSCSI (1G).

Regards,

Ivan

VIP Green

Hi IvanServer fan in with 10G

Hi Ivan

Server fan in with 10G to a 1G iSCSI array is a bad design. I would never do that. It's a waste investing in 10G switch ports, unless your storage is also connected with 10G.

Obviously, native FC isn't solution either; it would require hba for the servers, plus a FC capable switch.

Yes that was my first thought

Yes that was my first thought, unfortunately I found the escenario just like I mentioned.

Thanks a lot,

Ivan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content