Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DCNM-SAN client SNMP V3 authentication

I am currently running DCNM 6.2(3).

I am currently trying to setup DCNM-SAN to manage our SAN environment.  (mix of MDS9000, N5k, UCS).

I have discovered the SAN fabric with a tacacs account successfully.  (Not a local account on the switches but it still passes the network-admin role).

My problem is that I can't use the client with tacacs to log on any other users.  If any other user logs onto the dcnm-san and trying authenticate in through tacacs snmp v3 all the switches indicate a red line through it and they are unmanageable.  Only if I log in with the same account as I used to discover the fabrics am I able to manage the SAN fabric and all the switches are manageable.

When I log into the switches I see that the SNMP users are never authenticated in via SNMP V3.  The users aren't there when I do a "show snmp users".  The only account that is there is the tacacs account used to discover the SAN fabric.

Has anyone run into this.  I need my group to be able to manage these SAN fabrics without the account used to discover the SAN fabric.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content