Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM SAN with old server configuration

Hi All,

I'm really confused after a host migration of our DCNM environment. We upgraded from DCNM 5.2.1 to 6.1.2, and after that, from 6.1.2 to 6.2.1, as the recommended upgrade path. The new environment was installed in a new host, so we did a database backup and restored it. This procedure was done without any problems, we had the same information in the new host.

After that, we did a shutdown in the old host, and DCNM SAN stopped working, we can't connect to it. In other words, the new DCNM environment only works if old DCNM is up.

Checking the configuration, I have observed several things:

- Federation tab only shows the old server IP (view attach 1&2)

- When we connect to DCNM SAN, we connect to the new IP address, but when we try to manage the fabric, we are redirected to the old IP

- When we connect to DCNM SAN, the license tab only shows the old IP address, and give us the option to license it with the MAC of the server, I think that this tab shoud give us the option to register the new host, isn't it?

I also check the PLMapping.sh (from dcm/fm/bin), and give us the following output:

[root@newhost]: /usr/local/cisco/dcm/fm/bin # ./PLMapping.sh -show

Server configuration file loaded: /usr/local/cisco/dcm/fm//conf/server.properties

Log4j loaded: /usr/local/cisco/dcm/fm//conf/log4j_fms.xml

**[OLD_IP_ADDRESS**], 0, 0,

Configuration files loaded are configured with the correct IP address and ports of the new DCNM host.

Could be a problem with federation? How can I change this to manage our environment only with the new DCNM installation? I have "googled" with these problems, but without response...

Thanks for all in advance,

1 Reply 1

Well, I think I have found the answer (sorry about this, I will post the answer if someone has this error...).

The problem is based on the data file which is used to import the database. I suppose that there are some tables that define the federation or the DCNM host that collects data. To resolve this (if you change the IP), you must exec:

dcnmServer#> [Shutdown DCNM Services]

dcnmServer#> cd /usr/local/cisco/dcm/fm/bin

dcnmServer#> ./PLMapping.sh -moveserver [old_ip] [new_ip]

dcnmServer#> [Start DCNM Services]

After that, the federation tab and several issues was solved and the data collect is now OK.