Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disable logging of "show running-config" on MDS 9124

After our MDS 9124 was upgraded from 3.1 to 4.2, it now logs in the config whenever a "show running-config" is done. This has somewhat become an issue because we use Cat Tools to backup our configs so when it logs in, it does a "show running-config" which then triggers the config to be updated which Cat Tools sees as a change and backs up the config everyday because of this. Very annoying.

Anyway to disable this? Here is what the lines look like in the config:

!Command: show running-config
!Time: Mon Jan  4 07:04:03 2010

2 REPLIES

Re: Disable logging of "show running-config" on MDS 9124

dkorell,

We have the same issue and have not found a good way to deal with it.  Have you found a way to eliminate the "!Time...." line?  Is there an NX-OS command to disable the output of the time in the 'show running-config' command?

Re: Disable logging of "show running-config" on MDS 9124

I was not able to find a way to disable and I couldn't find anything in CatTools (our version is a couple years old) to exclude checking certain lines. So for now the configs get backed up everyday. I'll probably update CatTools and contact Solarwinds to see if there is a way to customize the backup script.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content