cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fabric manager does not appear to update.

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings all,

While I wait for our vendor to give me an answer on this, would anyone happen to know why Fabric Manager will not update.

The only thing that looks odd is the two switches in Fabric Manager have yellow Status alarms that say timeout(Server).

I wonder if this is some SNMP setting that has been screwed up somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Stephen

5 Replies 5

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

I found SNMP errors in the FMServer.log. There were some java problems so I stopped and started the FMServer in the bin directory and now all is ok.

Sounds like an "undocumented feature" to me.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Stephen (one day the vendor might know how to log a call with Cisco).

Has anyone else seen this "feature" I am finding that I have to stop and start the FMServer every couple of days.

Also, Fabric Manager seems dreadfully slow sometimes.

I tend to wonder if other SNMP related programmes on the host may be affecting this. I have Netview and Sun Management Center modules on the host but none are using the same ports.

Anyone???

Thanks

Stephen

cdayton
Level 1
Level 1

Stephen,

Would be useful to state a little more about your installed version and host. Anyway,

if this is a windows install of FM try stopping and starting the associated Cisco services (server and database).

HTH, Craig

Hi Craig,

I am running FM on a Sun V240 running Solaris 9 with Java version 1.5.x. The FM seems to stop updating with an SNMP error in the log. Obviously somehow FM cant retrive the information it needs to update itself. The timeout that displays in FM lets me know to stop and start the FM Server. Oddly enough, sometimes one switch will be affected and other times all switches are affected. I cant see a constant here.

Its just annoying.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I always trust the CLI and use the GUI as backup.

We have FM running on a Windows 2003 server and are experiencing similar behavior.

-Craig