Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fabric Manager information wrong.

Greetings,

I initially starting creating zones with fc aliases but after an episode where I had to move interfaces on a host for better redundancy, we decided to use switch and port interfaces for the zones. When the issue appeared with using fc aliases in the zones, I removed all fc aliases but for some reason or other Fabric Manager still knows about the names that I originally used. When I hover the mouse over a link in FM, the fc alias name appears. This leads me think that even though all reference to the fc alias has gone off the switches, somehow FM keeps a record in its database.

Is there anyway to remove the fc alias out of FM? The information is wrong and it could be misread by another person not really familiar with the fabric.

Any help would be appreciated. I was going to raise this issue with our MDS reseller but after the last couple of episodes, I totally give up on them. It took days and days to even try to get a replacement 4 Gbps SFP.

Regards

Stephen

2 REPLIES

Re: Fabric Manager information wrong.

You may need to open a case for this. When you call your storage provider, if they can not answer the question, they should escalate to Cisco TAC.

Re: Fabric Manager information wrong.

Sometimes the Cisco FM/DB services just need to be stopped and started to pick up the changes.

If the CLI doesn't know about the Aliases, then I'd do the above.

HTH, Craig

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content