Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FCIP (Brocade SAN-18R router) firewall issues

Hi all, I have a customer with a production and a disaster recovery site, they've recently added the SAN router (Brocade device) for the replication traffics, 2 SAN routers at production and 2 SAN routers at DR, well, they claimed that while they tested back-to-back it is successful, but if traverse through the MetroEthernet link, the SAN routers at both sites is not talking to each others...here's the connection looks like:

i. SAN Production -> Cisco 6509 -> FWSM -> Metro-Ethernet -> Cisco 6509 -> Checkpoint FW -> SW -> SAN DR

I've make sure that the FWSM and Checkpoint FW does not affect the traffic by permitting any-any traffic in both SAN routers, I've done some sniffing and found out they used a few ports including IPComp protocol...but both sites are just not communicating...

any specific area I missed out in order to make the SAN routers works properly? In the FWSM ASDM I do see that traffics is passing all right...attached here is the traffics reached to the FWSM in DR, please shade some lights in order for me to solve the issue...

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies