Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCIP on Nexus

Hi,

I have to provide a solution to my customer on disaster recovery and SAN-to-SAN Storage Replication Part. (The second DC will be around 400Km far from the main DC)

Q-1)

I have Nexus 7010 and 5596UP in the DC solution. I would like to know whether Nexus can do FCoIP or do i need a MDS switches for this?

If Nexus can do this then whic model, what modules required, what typr of trancevers, and what are the license requried to do the same.

If not, what type of MDS switche? what modules required, what typr of trancevers, and what are the license requried to do the same.

Q-2)

Do we require any specific link? do we require a dedicated link for this? or can i use my exisitng WAN link for this (Bandwidth is <40 Mb only)

if yes, what type of link requried? if yes what would be the suggested bandwidth? (3k-5k users accsing the data, 7-15 Tera data will be on storage)

is there any module on any wan router can accomplish the task? i read cisco 7200 / 7400 series router has FCIP Module (PA-FC-1G). If it support still i need a FCoE swith to convert the FC to IP? or i can directly connect the SAN port to the router module?

regards

Sunny

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content