cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade problem?

user_4444
Level 1
Level 1

How many people have come across this problem? We are due to upgrade from 3.1(a) to 3.2(2c) but after reading this document I don't think we will.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5990/products_field_notice09186a00809398cf.shtml

2 Replies 2

mkoch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Since a very simple workaround is explained in the document, i do not see the problem. Actually i like cisco actually documents these issues.

I would implement the workaround and go ahead with the update if you need any of the 3.2 features. If not, just stick to your running software.

Regards,

Michael

groutley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I don't really understand why you would avoid upgrading.

Cisco have carefully documented a 'workaround' which is so that you can perform the upgrade by following the documented workaround procedure, and therefore not be at risk of the "rare condition".

Kudos to you for researching the upgrade and finding the field notice, but I would suggest you move forward with the upgrade, by not upgrading, you will eventually find yourself in a position you MUST upgrade either to fix a problem you are experiencing, or to take advantage of some new feature.

In my experience when you are forced into the position of upgrading sometime down the track, the process to upgrade becomes so much more difficult.

IMHO.. upgrade now while you understand the exposure and the workaround, don't leave it until the urgent requirement surfaces, and you have forgotten about this exposure.